Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Product Review: Batiste Dry Shampoo

I have been on the hunt for the perfect dry shampoo for a while now so Sheila decided to send me a product called Batiste to review. I told her I needed a couple of weeks to play with it but after just a few uses I am hooked. It has a great smell that isn't too heavy but does a good job of neutralizing the smell of dirty hair. I tested both the Original and the Blush versions. Blush is just a different sweeter smell not a different color. The thing that I love the most about the Batiste is that it does a great job of getting rid of the heavy feel I have when I don't wash my hair and also doesn't dry it out too much. My hair feels much softer than when I use other dry shampoos.

That brings me to the biggest complaint about Batiste: you gotta work hard to get the powdery residue out of your hair. Hard as in after brushing the heck out of it you still see some of the powder. But that's my only complaint. The smell is awesome and the price is great. $8.29 for 5oz ($1.66 per oz) makes it one of the cheaper dry shampoos that I've tried. I'd still splurge for my favorite dry shampoo TiGi's Rockaholic because I feel like it lasts better throughout the day and it's easier to get out but if you are on a budget the Batiste makes a great substitute. Check out the pic below of my Batisted hair:




I still haven't gotten up the courage to pay for the Bumble and bumble dry shampoo. A friend at the salon bought some of the red dry shampoo after going red and she absolutely loves it. The first day she uses it her hair feels just like how it does after shampooing. The second day she uses it, the dry shampoo gives the hair a little extra grip so she is able to style it, tease it and add volume without using any hairspray. She told me the main thing she loves about it is it makes her feel like she can actually style her hair.



The only downside is she noticed red flakes on her hair by the end of the day and a little bit of redness near her hairline. I was surprised that the fact that she had gone with the dry shampoo customized to her hair color had turned out to be a bit of a problem since I was thinking that would be the main selling point. I also pressed my friend on the price. She really loved the product so she was willing to pay the price so she could save time on washing and flat ironing.

I'm still going to go with my original recommendation, the TIGI. But the Batiste is a close second!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPod Touch

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this great review! I was thinking of picking up a dry shampoo and I might give tresemme a try!

    ReplyDelete