Saturday, July 9, 2011

Sephorasipration!

I love love love visits to Sephora. Not necessarily to buy a lot of stuff since I can get some of it at a discount at other beauty supply stores. But Sephora is my go-to store when I need a little beauty pick me up. Sephora gets the color flowing back into my beauty world with it's fun mix of eye catching marketing and playful atmosphere. Products literally beg to be tested and girls with awesome make-up try to convince you that someday you too could pull of lime green shadow (hey it's happened a couple of times!)

What first caught my eye on this trip to Sephora was the newest addition to the Korres make-up line.


To the left of my blessed Korres lip butters were lip glaze versions! It's like the good people at Korres read my mind. The biggest problem that I have with their lip butters is that I don't love applying them with my fingers. I usually use them on other people (they work really well with lip brushes). But for myself, having to stick my finger in there and then get it all messy, well, lets just say the lip butters have been gathering dust. I didn't buy any glazes since I have more lipglosses than I know what to do with (thanks Elisa and double thanks for introducing me to Korres). I'll probably buy some lip glazes in 2020, assuming we make it past 2012!

Next I noticed some of their new marketing end-caps.


Love these. Helpful in pointing out what the bestsellers are in every category. I'm a big believer in the wisdom of the crowd. I love that everyone tells me to buy Benefit's Erase Paste, Dior Mascara and Nars Orgasm Blush. It means that I don't have to test a million different products to find the best stuff.

The funny thing is that I went into Sephora with the idea that I was finally going to buy concealer from Benefit. Then I ran into this display.

I started chatting with the Givenchy Guest Make-up Artist. She used to work for MAC and Sephora and was now freelancing for Givenchy. She was so cute and convincing that I decided to give Givency's concealer a try.


She basically sold me by saying that Erase Paste was just for one thing (dark under eyes) but Mister Light could be used for both my dark undereyes and my red rosacea chin. I knew she was right about the Erase Paste (it looks weird on other parts of the skin).  What the heck. She was nice and deserved some commission! Plus I know I should know Givenchy (aren't they a fashion brand) but I don't. It's fun to try a new brand. And I'm digging the name. I sound fancy when I say it to myself. Geevahnsheee.

I did buy the one thing I was really excited to buy.



My friend Bianca recommended an awesome eye makeup remover from The Body Shop that's been feeling really nice (it's got rosewater and chamomile). So I decided to pick up the full sized version. I love that The Body Shop has franchised into Sephora. Smart. I got Sephora points when I went there, plus I spent more than the $15 on just the make-up remover.

On my way out, some sparkle liquid color liner that has my name written all over it caught my eye.



Dammit! I resisted but it was pretty tempting. Glitter everywhere! Stilllllllaaaa! Next time, next time. Glitter never gets old.

No comments:

Post a Comment