Friday, September 30, 2011

Extreme Beauty

http://beautyeditor.ca/2011/09/22/front-row-at-fashion-week-the-beauty-dos-and-the-beauty-donts-kardashians-im-looking-at-you-guys/

I'm not gonna lie. I love Drag Queen makeup. It's so exaggerated, over the top and glam. And my favorite thing in life is when women do it. Because it makes us look hyper feminine. Now I'm not a big fan of Lady Gaga's drag looks because really, she's more doing Art School makeup. Which a drag queen wouldn't be caught dead in. Nope, Drag Queens wanna do everything in their (and MACs) power to make them look as feminine as possible.

So my favorite two looks of the don't are the queens of the drag queen make-up:  Kim Kardashian and Pamela Anderson. I love those crazy spider lashes on Kim. Yes, I'm currently trying to grow my own with Latisse. And the ideal would be if I could find someone to tint my upper and lower lashes every month. Then I would have similar spider lashes. Really, I have very long lashes on the bottom. Although I think that has to do with the fact that I don't wear mascara there. Thank Risa (friend/esthetician) for that tip. Which means that now I only pull out the mascara for the special occasions since even the most gentle mascara has been damaging my lashes.

Pam Anderson. What can I say. You know what works on your eyes. Lots and lots and lots of dark black and light blue shadow blended to a black mixed with smokey grey. Love it! You will always be an edgy Barbie come to life for me. Speaking of the smokey eye, I love the trend that we are moving towards of monochromatic color on the lid, in the crease and under the eye. I first noticed it with Drew Barrymore's commercial for the Cover Girl product that is color and primer in one. This trend speaks to the lazy beautician in me for simple everyday makeup that makes your eyes pop. Blending is just too much work for the office and has been relegated to the weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment