Saturday, September 24, 2011

New for fall!


It's that time of year, where beauty mags and beauty writers try to convince us that Peacock Blue is the new black. Seriously. I read that Peacock Blue was the color for fall. Which is funny because I've loved teal forever. But it sounds so much fancier as Peacock Blue, mais non?
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/25/fashion/luxury-beauty-products-and-services-for-fall-skin-deep.html?src=rechp

Destination manicure: I like the idea of having a high-end selection of shades. But I don't need to spend hours at the nail salon getting pampered. My ideal spot would be simple but upscale decor plus speed. I'm kind of looking for a blowout bar concept for nails.

Lipstick/Lipgloss hybrid: I've been feeling a pull back towards lipstick lately. Crazy I know, but I definitely want something a little more matte for everyday. But not too matte or that would look too dry. Hybrids seem like a good fit. I've even seen a lipstick/lipgloss/lipstain hybrid. Talk about being everything to everyone.

Oil cleansers: I know this strikes fear in the hearts of my American girls. But they have been big in Europe for years. The idea is that like attracts like. Plus the thinking is that it's better to nourish than strip. If you use a cleanser that is too harsh, you'll just end up increasing the oil production. I tried the Oil Cleansing Method (using a mixture of Jojoba and Castor Oil). It wasn't for me because I very quickly developed cystic acne. Dermalogica has a product called Pre-Cleanse which is an Olive and Apricot-Kernel based cleansing oil. Now that the weather is a little cooler and my skin feels drier, it might be a good time to experiment with Pre-Cleanse.
http://www.dermalogica.com/us/html/products/precleanse-1.html

On a side note, I've never had good luck as a kitchen witch. In case you don't know that turn of phrase, a kitchen witch is someone who mixes up products in their kitchen. Every time I've tried the Crushed Aspirin mask or Homemade Oil Cleansing, I've inevitably done something to my face. I do tend to recommend that people stick with the products you can buy in stores because while the idea of putting fresh strawberries on your face sounds appealing, the reality is that the chemical version of strawberries for your face is more cosmetically elegant.

Perfume Necklace: I love this idea. Fashion + Beauty = awesome! I'm not a huge perfume person since my BF Paul is a sensitive Libra when it comes to those things. I'm more interested in spicy, floral scents (which he calls artificial and chemical) and he likes fruit scents. But the idea of roller ball perfumes appeals to me since it's in an oil-base and adds a little nourishment to your skin (that you don't get from alcohol-based perfumes)

No comments:

Post a Comment