Saturday, August 20, 2011

A French Manicure for the 10s

It's like the chicks over at The Beauty Department read my mind! I love the idea of metallic tips. I'm going to try that for next week's manicure. But have Becky my favorite manicurist ever do it for me since I'm still perfecting the art of the French Manicure.

http://thebeautydepartment.com/2011/08/this-or-that-9/

Right now I'm rockin' blue glitter tips. I'm digging this more than the gold glitter which looked a little cheesy. I tried out a matte pink tip and it just didn't go so well. I'm still struggling with how to get the crispest line for the manicure. I tried the qtip dipped in nail polish and that was a mess.


I googled and found a nail polish blog that had some really good tips on clean up. Number one tip that I'm going to use: brush! I actually have a cheap make-up brush that I think would be perfect to help me in my quest to get some super crisp french tip.
http://www.lacquerized.com/2010/02/clean-up-in-6-easy-steps.html

The best tip is to do the clean up on dry nails. Sometimes it's the simplest things that help a girl out! When I tried the clean up on semi-dry nails, it was a hopeless mess. I'm sure it's going to work a bit better once I let my nails dry a bit.

The other great tip that I found on lacquerized was called  wrapping. It's the process of tapping a little bit of color on the edge of or under your nail. This will help seal the tips and prevent chipping. Which is something I desperately need since the tips of my nails always seem to get chipped within one day of applying my polish!

Here's an article about French Manicures from the founder of Orly. Shout out to my nailanista friend Carina who does Marketing for Orly! Wikipedia says they were popular in the 18/1900s but I'm sure Jeff was the one to make the modern French Manicure popular. I wonder what he thinks of all the different twists (Reverse French Manicure and Black tips are the strangest but who am I to judge with my love of sparkly tips?)
http://www.frenchmanicure.com/fm/

No comments:

Post a Comment