Thursday, August 4, 2011

Glitter nails

So I tried the glitter tastic tutorial last night. And it was a little much. I love glitter everywhere but for some reason (I think my nails are too short), it just didn't look quite right.

I attacked the nails with acetone but man oh man, glitter is a bitch to get off. Here's my best attempt to de-glitter the nail bed.

I am loving the concept of a reverse French manicure though. One of the things that always drove me crazy about having long nails was the dirt under the fingernail look. Now that I have something covering my tips you'll never be able to see just how much dirt is under my fingernails! Mwwaahahah! Just kidding, I don't work outside or with my hands so they were never that dirty. But it was enough to annoy me and turn me a little OCD about handwashing.


My two other favorite nail tools that I recently discovered.

1. Formaldehyde-Free nail strengthener. I'm always looking for new ways to keep me from bitting my nails. One way is if I make my nails so strong that it's not worth it to bite them. I'm loving this FF nail strengthener from Nail Tek. The FF formula just keeps your nails from drying out since formaldehyde can over dry your nails. I haven't bitten my nails in over a month which is a big step for a chronic nail bitter.


2. Glass file: This thing is amazing. It's like having a metal file that you can use over and over again and really go at your nails (unlike with most flimsy nail files). But it is a super fine grit so it doesn't tear at your nails like those metal file.

No comments:

Post a Comment