Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Travel beauty


I'm not a huge fan of travel because a. I have the best bed in the world b. Anthony Bourdain has shown me the world already! 

But if you do have to travel, here are some great tips on being beautiful while you travel. 


My favorite tip from the article is about doubling up on your Omega 3s. 
"three Omega-3 capsules twice a day on the day of the flight, and the same the next day. It’s a natural anti-inflammatory, will help prevent blood clots (see above) and works magic on your skin."

The number one thing to remember when traveling is water. Get your hydration internally by drinking plenty before, during and after your flight. Don't forget the external hydration by using a moisturizer and facial spritz on the flight. You'll probably want to skip any heavy foundation or powders before you board. Then I'd recommend a light moisturizer once every 5 hours while you are on the plane. My favorite is Dermalogica's Active Moist. You can also bring a facial spritz like Dermalogica's Multi-Active Toner. Not everyone needs to spend money on toner, but if you travel a lot or have dry skin, then toner can be great for refreshing your skin throughout the day (or flight).

I also love the tip about a hydrating mask after you land. Wouldn't that be the best way to relax in the hotel after a long flight? My favorite simple hydrating mask is Aloe Vera, but if you aren't into the DIY, I love Dermalogica's Multi-Vitamin Power Mask. It has hydration from Vitamins C & E, plus some very gentle exfoliation from Vitamin A. 

No comments:

Post a Comment